Roulette is one of the best titles to play if you enjoy luck-based games, and is generally recommended over the pokies in this regard, as the house edge is better when opting for the European and French variants. Combine this with generous promotions available at verified online casinos and you’ve got yourself the best roulette experience possible.
We take a look at some of the generous bonuses offered to take advantage of as a roulette player, and where the best place to find them is. We also cover the variants available online and which are the best to play.
Win prizes by earning points with roulette
While many promotions tend to be pokies specific, roulette players can take part in promotions where loyalty points are accumulated in turn for leaderboard points and prizes. It is important to note loyalty points will be faster accrued via American roulette over other variants at some online casinos, and this is due to the higher house edge – meaning it is more favourable to the online casino.
- Leo Vegas: Leo Vegas casino regularly holds leaderboard competitions, but they generally see players wagering certain increments on the slots. However, from time to time they will allow other games including Live Dealer Roulette, or other roulette titles, to be eligible. Here you can wager a certain amount – usually $10 to $15 to earn a point – and climb up the leaderboard to win the prize, which is often an all-expenses paid trip, or the latest Apple gadgets.
- Casino-Mate: While all online casinos have loyalty points, you can earn them by playing roulette at Casino-Mate – as a part of the Vegas Loyalty Lounge Rewards Programme. You can then use C-Bucks for Tournament entries or cash and move up Loyalty Tiers – Green, Silver, Gold and Platinum. Simply wager in $10 increments on any roulette title available at Casino-Mate to earn your C-Bucks.
- Royal Vegas: Royal Vegas offer monthly promotions where players get to play their favourite titles – including the large array of Microgaming roulette variants available – and earn loyalty points and climb your way up a metre which will unlock an array of prizes. For example, the 2015 Christmas promotion saw players wagering on their favourite roulette titles to earn loyalty points and climb the Naughty or Nice O-Metre to win a share of $200,000.
Unique roulette promotions
As you will find at most online casinos, promotions are generally targeted towards pokies players. However, from time to time you will come across unique promos which target roulette players specifically.
- Guts: In September 2015, Guts held a promotion for live dealer roulette players, where one player received $500 for scoring the 120,000th spin and another scored $1000 for the 125,000th spin. Here, players could specifically play roulette, though it was live dealer roulette, and be rewarded. Keep an eye out by following our links regularly to our recommended online casinos for more roulette specific promotions.
New player welcome bonuses
All our recommended web casinos offer generous new player bonuses you can opt in for when making your first deposit. However, the wagering requirements – ranging from 25x right up to 50x – need to be cleared before you can use the bonus as real cash and withdraw it.
The slots are the best to do this with as they contribute 100% to the wagering requirements, but roulette titles can contribute a percentage at some online casinos and therefore you can clear the bonuses by playing your favourite roulette games.
The following online casinos are the best for clearing a welcome bonus with roulette:
- Roxy Palace – 10%
- Leo Vegas – 10%
- 32Red Casino – 20% all roulette titles except French Roulette which contributes 10%
- Royal Vegas Casino – 10%
As you can see we recommend 32 Red, the Microgaming powered online casino, for all roulette titles except for French Roulette. If you prefer the French variant, you have a choice from four verified online casinos to play the title safely.
Available roulette variants on the Web
The three main roulette variants at online casinos include French, European and American roulette, while unique variants include Multi-Wheel, Spingo and live dealer titles.
French Roulette – This is the best available variant due to the title having the lowest house edge. Featuring just a single zero and 36 additional numbers this variant has a house edge of 1.35% thanks to the inclusion the insurance bets En Prison and La Partage where you get half your money returned if the ball lands on the zero.
European Roulette – The next best variant available after French Roulette is the European variant, with a house edge of 2.7%. This variant also only has a single zero but the favourable rules in French roulette are rarely included – though you may find En Prison on some titles.
American Roulette – We recommend avoiding this title at all costs due to the high house edge of 5.26% all thanks to the inclusion of the double zero, as well as the single zero on the wheel.
Live dealer roulette – Live dealer roulette is available at the majority of the above listed online casinos – we recommend Leo Vegas for the most extensive live dealer catalogue – and here you can find standard French, European and American live roulette titles, as well as unique variants, including Live Immersive Roulette. A human dealer spins the wheel after you’ve made your bets and reads the outcome aloud, as you would see in a land-based venue to create a real gaming experience.
Multi-Wheel Roulette – Multi-Wheel roulette sees multiple wheels, up to eight, spinning at once. Using European roulette rules and house edge, you will have to increase the size of your bet as you increase the number of wheels you choose to play, but if you win you will see a bigger return.
Spingo – A unique mix of roulette, bingo, and lotto where you can place a bet on an array of different colours and/or numbers, while lotto balls determine the outcome.